Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fascinations

I'm fascinated by so many things, computers among them. I love to write and have a zillion blogs. I have an established business and a new one on the way. I use the internet and my computer to design, market and run them both.

I've decided to give my hand a try at the "virtual office" business. With so many applications now free and available online, it's easier than ever to collaborate and communicate. There are no Mac vs. PC squabbles in this environment. "Virtual" workers don't need extra space in an office, since they can work from any location with a computer connection.

I just took a look at Google's new suite of office applications. They're free to use and can be shared by many users. I just set up a domain for my newest venture - Your Virtual Helper - for a grand total of $10.00. The email is free. The applications and communications capabilities are free. Granted, it's still a bit buggy and in a newish stage, but the technology and logistic smarts will mature soon enough. I have a feeling this is going to be the wave of the future. I may migrate the New Europe Marketplace to this platform at some point soon - although I'm quite happy with my current set of services on Yahoo.

Let me know what you think of all this. I'm fascinated, but then again I'm a geek wannabe. If I can type it onto a computer screen, it's got my heart!

No comments: